[ASL] Festung Budapest historisk kampanj

Startat av carlsson, november 30, 2012, 18.56

Föregående ämne - Nästa ämne

Ivar

midsommarafton är dagen innan årsdagen för operation barbarossa!
Om ni stöter på problem så kontakta mig i sista hand.

Landers

Nä dagen efter midsommar är inte så bra, vi stryker det datumet.

carlsson

Angående Fortifications vs kanthex säger Bill Cirillor - Huvudmannen bakom FB - så här:

CitatSo, the pertinent rules are:

"FB17.605 PERIMETER DETERMINATION: The Front Line between the Russian and Axis forces is now determined. In general, each side attempts to draw a closed "loop" (or "loops") of adjacent Locations around a section of the map by marking out connecting (Alternate [as shown in the E12.11 diagrams]) Hex Grains. The section thusly enclosed is the Perimeter Area. When fully completed (at the end of RePh step 17.6066), the Perimeter Area must contain every friendly unit, and may contain some enemy units. Each side is free to try to enclose as many Locations within its Perimeter Area as it is able to, without violating any rule. If the "loop" is determined properly, each side will be able to start at any Front Line Location and, by moving only into an adjacent Front Line Location, and never reentering the same Front Line Location, eventually end up back at that starting Front Line Location."

"FB17.621 PURCHASING FORTIFICATIONS:...F Only those Fortifications marked with an "F" may be set up in a Front Line Location."

Bottom line is that I used the same exact rules in FB as those in RB for determining what constitutes a Front Line Location and what is allowed and is not allowed to set up in those locations. The primary difference is that in FB there are potentially more map-edge hexes that are defined as FLLs. What I didn't want to do from a design perspective was not allow the attacker some ability to gain a toe-hold before running into fixed Fortifications such as Wire and minefields. Plus, I didn't want the map-edges to represent some magic artificial barrier between fronts. For example, in CG III, if I'm the Axis why place minefields along hexes BB12, BB13, BB14 other than they are map-edge hexes that the Soviets might want to access as some point. In reality, those were major road thoroughfares that he Axis used to move troops along.

So, as much as I can feel your pain, map-edge hexes here as well as in the Granddaddy of all HASLs need to be viewed from a broader perspective.

Bill "nonsensical" Cirillo

Andreas Carlsson, Borås
ASL-nörd och gammal Armagedon-uv

http://www.aslsweden.com

carlsson

Nu är det dags att fräscha upp Gröna Rummet (aka ASL-rummet, aka Krigsspelsrummet)!

Vi städade upp rummet inför Supporting Fire, och det är därför ett utmärkt tillfälle att göra det ännu bättre.

På onsdag samlas därför vi som är intresserade av detta för att plocka, sortera och dona. På rak arm vet jag att följande behöver göras:
- Sortera och märka upp materiel.
- Dra ström till bokhyllsbelysningen.
- Sätta upp ljuddämpningsplattorna.

Vi möts runt 1730 och snackar igenom ev lösningar, tankar och förslag.

Andreas Carlsson, Borås

carlsson

Andreas Carlsson, Borås

Raslurbat

Oooops!
But you are saved by the fact that placing a DC does indeed require a LOS.

A23.3:
"...A unit may not Place (or Throw; 23.6) a DC to an adjacent Location out of its LOS (7.21) [EXC: Cave; G11.8331]."

The Index definition of ADJ, specifically says "...and a LOS exists between the two Locations, excluding SMOKE Hindrance [B.10] and NVR as factors."

Smoke matters for LOS purposes, though not for LOS purposes when it is regarding being ADJACENT or not.

Här har jag garanterat spelat fel. :D
"När fiskmåsarna följer efter trålaren beror det på att de tror att sardiner kommer att kastas ut i havet" - Eric Cantona -